My Blog List

Friday, April 26, 2013

Introduction

Oh, the life of a struggling college art student. When thinking of my profession of art i cant help but to get excited. The thought of knowing that i will be teaching children the wonderful world of creativity and i will be able to inspire them makes it all worth it. Even though i might be broke from buying all the supplies i need for my classes such as canvas, paint, pencils, carving tools and much much more i know that it will all be worth it in the end. I also know how blessed i am to be able to experience the art world and be able to become proficient in all the areas.

When thinking of art many people wonder what is considered art and what is not. To me that is a very good question. Art to me is something that is made by ones own hands. It could be anything like the famous Man Rays sculpture of a sewing machine wrapped up in a bag to a famous painting done by Van Gogh. People think that art is mostly just painting or drawing but what they don't know is that it is much more than that, Art can be anything from ceramics, sculpture, 3D-Design, photography, paper making, screen-printing, etc. There are so many different approaches to art that someone cant possibility get bored. In this Blog i will be sharing with you the many different ways to approach art. I will also be giving instructions on how to create different forms of art and help you to be able to create the same thing at home. It will be exciting to create something you have made and be able to show it off. Also, this a good start to help me as a future teacher. So saying that, get ready! The first art assignment is about to head your way.




2 comments:

  1. you did really well at expressing what you want to teach in your introduction. Your attitude in this introduction is very positive and you seem very excited about continuing this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, I can relate to the life of a struggling art student as I am a struggling college musician and also broke all the time from buying supplies and music. This blog seems extremely interesting with the idea of art assignments. I hope you post something with pastels, my personal favorite medium. Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete